Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Girl!

Well, I turned 30 today. I must admit, I was dreading it for a while, but over the last few months, I stopped caring. I always swore that I would be in the best shape of my life by this time and come up with a million dollar idea.

Not only am I not in the best shape of my life, I think I put on a few pounds in the last couple of weeks. But alas, I am super-vain, and I have not worn anything larger than a size 6 since I was 14 years old. My size 6's may be tight now, but I refuse to go up a size. That's how it all starts...
And by the way, no million dollar idea yet either.

So, you may ask, Leanna, why are you happy today? Well, I'm glad you asked.

I am starting my dream job in a couple of weeks. Well, it's sort of my dream job.

Most of you that I talk to often know that I am pretty much obsessed with cheese, and happen to have a good palette for it. Who knew?

Anyway, back in September, I toured the cheese caves at a very famous cheese shop here in the City and I actually felt serious feelings of jealousy for the girl who ran the place, called an affineur(translated from French as a finisher). She gets the cheeses that have been made recently and puts them in the caves and then ages them perfectly to be sold to restaurants or at the retail counter. WOW.

Well, just yesterday I was offered an internship position at said cheese shop in said caves to help with the finishing. WOW again!

The reason why it isn't a dream job is that it is unpaid, and only 2 days a week and won't lead to a position in the caves, but could lead to something in the organization. It's a start, nonetheless.

And so you may now be wondering what these caves look like...I'm glad you asked that as well. Below is a picture I took while on the tour.

Nice, huh?
So now I find myself with the issue of earning a paycheck and finding something for the rest of the week.
I am talking to 3 prospective clients about private cheffing. I am super excited about that as well. I hope it won't be like landscape architecture...
When we worked for a corporate client, they understood that we were very busy and didn't knitpick at us for every little thing, but when I worked for private people, they thought they owned me and would call with every single issue. I guess I'll have to see what happens.
I think that's all I've got for now, but I promise to touch base when I know more about my awesome free job!

No comments: