Monday, April 27, 2009

Changes, etc.


So it's been almost an entire year since my last post. For all 7 of you who read this blog, I apologize for the delay.

Last time I wrote, I was in the world of cheese, loving every minute. I definitely consider my self somewhat of an expert now - I have taught a few Cheese 101 classes and have gotten great reviews. But sadly that came to an end in February.

The big news - I am pregnant! 32 weeks as of yesterday. My cheese job was just too labor-intensive. Lifting and moving around wheels of cheese upwards of 80 pounds just doesn't cut it when you have a belly blocking the way!!

So, I left in February and started a brief internship as an editorial assistant at a food magazine. I get to fact check, edit, and will actually have a piece published (if all goes well) in the June issue. Yay! Guess what it's subject is - Cheese, sort of.

So this job ends on Friday and we are off for a week in the sun in Florida, and then I get to sit around doing nothing until the baby comes, sometime mid to late June.

I have no clue what I will do in the food world now. I feel like I have done it. I've been a butcher, a baker, a cook, a cheesemonger, a cheese ager, a teacher, and a writer.
I have toyed with the idea of launching a food product - I even have the product. It's my chopped liver. People won't shut up about it when I make it. But it has like zero days shelf-life and I haven' t figured out how to seal it properly.

Other than that, I guess I'll become my baby's chef. I am planning to make my famous brownies this week, so that's something, I guess. I miss cheese terribly, and I miss restaurants terribly, but I'm really excited to be a mommy too. We haven't found out what we're having, so it will be a big surprise.

I think this is the end for now of food-oriented blogging for me. Maybe I'll change this to a blog about my baby. We'll see. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Vim said...

My blog completely changed after I had Violet... It happens... :)

Enjoy these last few weeks of quietness. Your life will never be the same after that baby is out. Congratulations and good luck. I can't wait to hear all about it.